Thursday, January 9, 2014

Where is he?

I hate getting that question... Where is he? I don't know. I can't talk to him 24/7, though I would love to. He is driving and I have things to do to. You want to know where he is call him and ask. Sometimes I cant even tell you where he is going because he picks up a load and goes.

We've been married over 2 and a half years, but I have probably only been in the same place as him for one of those years, if that. We would love to be able to talk all the time. I can't write him letters or even emails. We can text, but he can't text while driving. We get a few minutes here and there to talk each day that he is on the road. People don't understand the pain of being away from him or the pain of not really knowing how to be around each other when he is home. It doesn't help that we have no real alone time now that we live with my dad. We can't have private talks until my dad is in bed or out of the house. So that pain gets stronger. The last time he was home for longer than a day I was so stressed out. Not because he was home, but because I didn't get him all to myself at all. I didn't make it easier for him either and for that I am ashamed.
I have had people say that when we get older we'll be glad that we have time apart... I hope that is never the case and right now, and saying that doesn't help us through the pain of each separation, it almost makes it worse.
If you know someone that is married to a trucker, don't ask them "where is he (or she)?", "when will he (or she) be home?", or "when will his (or her) next load be?"

That last question my dad asks DJ every single time he is home. Makes us both so mad, since he just got home and I barely have time with him as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment